Welcome to the Comox Air Force MuseumOpen Tuesday ~ Sunday 10 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
News and Events
A flying boat is a type of seaplane. It differs from a floatplane in that the fuselage itself sits in the water rather than being positioned above it on a pontoon. The flying boat takes its name from the fact that its fuselage is really a boat-like hull. Nautical...read more
“Is it a Piasecki, a Vertol, or a Boeing Vertol? Is it an H-21 or an H-44? The USAF called both the H-21A and the H-21B the “Workhorse” due to its great lifting capability which would surpass all single-rotor helicopters for the next decade. The US Army...read more
In the Foreword of Images of Flight ~ a Canadian Aviation Portfolio, Robert W. Bradford writes, “I believe that I speak for all aviation artists when I make the scandalous statement that we are very fortunate in being able to enjoy two loves at the same moment:...read more
If you enjoyed our Museum, then I am sure you will enjoy the other wonderful museums in the Comox Valley.
- Courtenay and District Museum - courtenaymuseum.ca
- Union Bay Historical Society - no website but address is 5527 Island Highway South, Union Bay
- Comox Archives and Museum - comoxmuseum.ca
- Cumberland Museum and Archives - cumberlandmuseum.ca
- Denman Seniors and Museum Society - denmanactivitycentre.com
- HMCS Alberni Museum - email: firstname.lastname@example.org